Friday, October 5, 2012

Transaction in a Dimly Lit Parking Lot

The phone rings RIGHT at closing time tonight.  It's a lady in a town an hour away.  Her daughter was driving into town with a friend and came across an injured cat.  She has it in her car, and wants to know if she can bring it in.  Well, nobody will be here, and all the vet clinics are closed.  I finally agree to meet her in the grocery store parking lot, as I have a couple errands to run before I head home, and groceries is one of them.  I'll collect the cat, take him home and stabilize him as much as possible, and decide what to do with him in the morning.  Nothing else I can really do that late anyway.  When I finally meet up with the young girl and cat, my first thought was the good news is I don't think it's head trauma. The bad news is, I think it's either a tumor or an infected eye that has ruptured through the sinuses and out below the cheekbone. I'll be stopping off at the vet clinic on the way to work tomorrow I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment