Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Good News/Bad News Game

The Zelda kittens are all doing well, I have 3 of the 4 fully weaned.  The little calico runt is only eating out of a syringe.  I load it, begin feeding her, slowly begin moving the syringe into the bowl of food, slowly, it gets to the level of food.... and she looks up at me and starts screaming.

Pacman went to the vet again today.  The good news is he's much stronger and more active than before, he's gained a significant amount of weight (from .77 to .89 lbs) and he's weight-bearing on his bad leg.  The bad news is he had to go to the vet again today.  His breathing was rapid, and getting heavier as the day went on.  We discussed x-rays, and how so many times nothing shows up... but then again something may.  I was just about to decline, but in the end decided to do it.  I knew I wouldn't be able to rest without at least trying to see what was wrong.  The verdict?  Pneumonia.  So he got a shot of Baytril and a shot of Durapen tonight, he begins oral Baytril tomorrow, as well as continuing his oral Clavamox.  Poor kitten can't catch a break.  And he's still a bit dehydrated, so I need to continue his subcutaneous fluids, which I was kinda hoping we were about done with.

At the shelter, we have a very pregnant cat.  She looks like she swallowed a watermelon.  Poor cat has GOT to pop soon!  She was stretched out on her side today, really showing off the baby belly.  But when I tried to get a picture she hopped up in hopes of getting attention.

Anyway, Pacman still has a good appetite.  I gave him a bit of turkey lunchmeat a bit ago which he devoured, and of course he's eating his canned food well.  So we'll keep up the good fight for this little guy, but he's on shaky ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment